Spring is the most bright and appealing season. We yearn for it. This is the reason you ought to give your home a “facelift”. Spring is a great season in that we spend more time outside and our gardens are more likely to grow and produce fruit and flowers. You don’t have to know a ton about home improvement or real estate curb appeal to be successful but let’s look at some ideas, outside and in, that can improve your home visual appeal.
Here are 5 appealing home improvements for this Spring:
• Declutter! - Clean out the messiness by disposing of the junk collected in the course of the most recent couple of months (or year) in your garden or patio and don’t relocate it to the garage either! Clear your patio and the open porch up to welcome your visitors or guests. Decorate them with excellent green plants. Open up the curtains to see your beauty. Give some daylight and natural air a chance to come into the rooms. Expel all the additional stuff lying around.
• Clean up your doorsteps - Remove the old worn out mats and replace them or give them a good beating. Practice environmental safety with some crisp plants, and shrubs. An arrangement of brilliant blossoms will do all the great. Remove the old, dead or dusty plants or clean/feed them with water to give them new life.
• Spring is the period of color - Give your home a new look with color. This could be the exterior and/or the interior. Keep in mind the shading on the outside to help determine which plants will do the best. Have some fun and experiment! The prescribed spring hues that you can experiment with are lemon yellow, mandarin orange, aqua blue, aqua tinctured, flushed pink, bottle green etc.
• Take care of your floor and change the rugs – Clean or change out your rugs. Give your wood or tile flooring a good cleaning or call in a professional to do this. You can get an alluring floor covering of brilliant and differentiating hues, which will "go" with the shades of your furniture, wood boards, blinds and different extras. It will give an impressive ambiance.
• Check your adornments and wall hangings - Check out your rooms. Are all of the pictures and decorations the same as when you first moved in, 20 years ago? Maybe there is some need of removing or replacing them. You deserve it. You don’t have to buy a new home or replace all of your current furniture or decorations but what fun it would be to replace some of them. You can check out local thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales or craft store sales. Try not to stuff the rooms with artworks or photos. Get a few changes done to give your home an alternate look.
Bonus Tip – get a home inspection
We are not all handy home owners let alone professionals when it comes to plumbing, electrical, structural and etc so having a home inspector come in and give you an idea of what maintenance you could do to your home to help it last through the coming year’s typical storms might do you some good.
Home inspectors differ in their insight and skill. This is one profession where you will get what you pay for. Shopping around and taking the least expensive cost is a bad idea. It resembles asking your hair dresser or mechanic to look at your plumbing. They may make a decent showing with regards to their knowledge, however, they won't work out quite as well as a prepared professional technician in home inspection.
A decent home inspection will take a few hours, in any event, relying upon the extent of the house and its condition. After this review, the inspector can take you for a stroll through the house and show you all of his findings and answer any questions. Further, he can provide you with an inspection report (along with photos to show the specifics) to aid your memory in things you may consider making before you put your house on the market or to maintain and fix over the year to help spread the costs.
Contact A-Action with any questions about your home inspection needs and hopefully this spring cleaning list has helped spring you into the mood to keep your home up to par to last you for years to come.